Woodgate & Clark is a dynamic, highly responsive commercial loss adjusting business with over 45 years' experience. We are a trusted and secure provider of commercial loss adjusting services to major commercial Insurers and our clients represent a major segment of the UK commercial insurance market. Our core focus is delivering professional standards of technical excellence and superior levels of customer care. This, together with our passion for service delivery, sets us apart in our field.
As part of our continued growth strategy, we have created several Adjuster Technician opportunities to provide claims handling support to our Commercial field-based adjusters. As guidance will be given by the Adjuster who owns the claim, this is the perfect opportunity to further develop your claims experience nd be involved with different aspects of the claims cycle.
Training and support:
Our culture is to support our employees with the appropriate level of training, guidance and mentoring to fulfil their role and drive their career progression, so you’ll need to be committed to working from one of our offices for approximately the first six weeks to three months of your appointment. The role can be home based thereafter.
Our available office locations are:
Basidon – Bristol – Central Birmingham – Central Leicester – Head Office, Kings Hill, Kent – Stowmarket – Totnes – Watford
If you’re the type of person who is inquisitive by nature and who would relish more involvement with a wide range of Commercial claims then this could be your perfect role.
- Provide claims handling support to adjusters under instructions from the adjuster who owns the claim
- Carry out specific tasks on claims as directed
- Liaise with experts such as: lawyers, forensic scientists, Surveyors, damage mitigation and other parties as appropriate
- Liaise with insurers and policyholders as appropriate to obtain information to manage claims
- Assist management of adjuster’s claim diaries and where applicable issue file reviews to policyholders and Insurers
- Manage adjusters’ mailboxes when they are on leave
- On occasion may be required to handle own small caseload of claims under the guidance of an experienced adjuster / mentor to develop own skillset
- Maintain continual professional development in any technical or legal changes.
- Always ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and highlight any contravention to the Operational Support and Compliance Manager
- Always uphold Woodgate & Clark Ltd Code of Business Conduct
You will have / be:
- Previous Insurance Claims handling experience, ideally withing the Loss Adjusting arena
- Ideally be CII/CILA qualified or willing to work towards this
- The ability to prioritise claims and your own workload
- Customer and Quality focused, providing exceptional service levels to both internal and external customers
- Team focused – working with colleagues throughout the business
- Target focused – making sure KPI’s and SLA’s are met
- The ability to work on own initiative and to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive attitude and a proactive approach to solving problems
- Able to co-ordinate a variety of actions concurrently
In return we offer
- A company people centric culture
- Competitive base salary dependent on level of experience & qualifications
- Company Contributory Pension
- Life assurance benefit – x4 annual basic salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and our purchase/buy back scheme
- Various discounts on lifestyle and entertainment via our ‘Perks at Work’ membership
- Exam study and support
If you have the necessary experience and would be interested in joining a progressive and expanding company who invest heavily in employee development, then please apply!
Woodgate & Clark operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, politic opinions or trade union membership.
Woodgate & Clark uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Woodgate & Clark would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory reference, identity checks and basic DBS check