Business Interruption Adjuster – Tehnical Mentor
Woodgate & Clark has been providing a loss adjusting service to the UK insurance market for over 40 years and, since 2015, has been part of the Van Ameyde Group, Europe’s market leader in international claims management. We are committed to understanding and responding to the motivators of our people, be that autonomy, continuous development, recognition, a competitive reward package or work life balance. This translates into motivated teams, how enable us to forge long term relationships with our clients and to best service their unique needs.
Are you looking for a progressive company that supports and develops you throughout your career? Due to continued growth, our Business Interruption team has an excellent opportunity for a BI Specialist to oversee our team of field-based adjusters with lower level BI claims and provide them with technical guidance and training for the business interruption elements of these claims.
Reporting to Head of Business Interruption, you’ll also deliver our training and development program for BI and provide input on content, measurement and technical performance required. This is a rare opportunity to be a value-add to the business in supporting and developing colleagues. There may also be additional opportunity to provide cover for Major Loss support and cover.
The role can be either office or home based depending upon your location.
Personal development is key for us, and our culture is to support all our employees with the appropriate level of support, through guidance and mentoring, to fulfil and excel in their role to the and drive their career progression.
What you’ll be doing
- Monitoring and providing a technical referral point for claims value of zero to 50k
- Coaching and supporting our adjusters on handling our high volume, lower value Business Interruption claims on a one-to-one basis
- Triage any claims above 50k this in line with our formal referral process for adjusters when BI reserves are set.
- Supervise and train graduate trainees and provide general business BI training
- Always ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and highlight any contravention to the Operational Support and Compliance Manager
You’ll come from an insurance or Loss Adjusting background, with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service. You’ll be either CILA and ACA/ACCA duel qualified or with significant industry experience in a similar role to replace either qualification.
You will also have/ will be:
- Customer and Quality focused in providing exceptional service levels to both internal and external customers
- A true team player, working and supporting colleagues throughout the business
- Be proactive, managing your daily tasks and workload to exceed any requirements
- Enjoy mentoring and coaching adjusters, encouraging them to work to targets and gaining satisfaction on achieving your key performance indicators and service levels agreements
- Comfortable in working on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Have great communication skills and happy to provide information when it’s needed most
- Detail orientated with a positive attitude and a proactive approach to solving problems
- Able to co-ordinate a variety of actions
In return we offer
- A competitive base salary based on your level of experience & qualifications
- Company car or car allowance (if relevant to the role)
- Contributory Company Pension
- Life assurance x 4 annual basic salary
- 25 days holiday with purchase/buy back scheme
- Employee assistance programme to support your well being
- Various discounts on lifestyle benefits, such as retail and homewares, via our ‘perks at work’ scheme
- An inclusive and people centric place to work, a comfortable and professional working environment and plenty of support to develop your career.
Woodgate & Clark operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, politic opinions or trade union membership.
Woodgate & Clark uses a third party to undertake several checks. Any offer of employment made by Woodgate & Clark would be conditional upon receiving satisfactory references, identity checks, right to work in the United Kingdom and a satisfactory DBS check.