We’re looking for a commercial claims expert who enjoys the technical aspect of their role. You’ll be auditing commercial claim files for technical quality and decision making, ensuring adherence to client, company and regulatory requirements. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the audit programme and processes to ensure best practice and understanding and adoption of new requirements and standards.
- Ensure our claim files comply with statutory requirements including but not limited to FCA regulations, Lloyd’s Minimum Standards, GDPR and Complaints handling and reporting, whilst evidencing best practice to clients and policyholders.
- Ensure each claim has managed the indemnity costs and fee charges effectively, checking any fraud or recovery potential has been identified and actioned appropriately
- Monitor SLA compliance, checking for adherence and scoring accordingly and providing assurance that our controls and process are operating as prescribed for the best customer journey
- Propose and deliver design improvements and reporting formats
- Review and develop audit capability across all claim perils, highlighting any training needs from audited cases
- Manage claims journey audits monthly, providing immediate feedback
- Contribute to the overall development of the business in conjunction with the relevant Claim Heads and the Management Team
- Actively participate in training and team meetings, to identify and propose ideas and solutions to issues and changes.
- Maintaining a record of each adjuster’s achievements.
- Provide internal assurance and drive continuous improvement.
- Ideally ACILA or FCILA qualified, or close to obtaining chartered status
- Extensive experience in a loss adjusting claims handling role – desk of field based
- Previous auditing experience desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of commercial insurance policies and insurance law, legal liabilities, and regulations and claim reserving and settlements
- Recent and relevant understanding of current case law
- A highly developed awareness of fraud activities and potential flags
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Tact and assertiveness when dealing with internal colleagues
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Helpfulness and a passion for raising quality standards across the business in both technical accuracy and customer service
- Developed IT skills including Microsoft Office
In return we offer:
- A competitive base salary based on your level of experience & qualifications
- Contributory Company Pension
- Life assurance x 4 annual basic salary
- 25 days holiday with purchase/buy back scheme
- Employee assistance programme to support your well being
- Various discounts on lifestyle benefits, such as retail and homewares, via our ‘perks at work’ scheme
- An inclusive and people centric place to work, a comfortable and professional working environment and plenty of support
If you have the necessary experience and would be interested in joining a progressive and expanding company who invest heavily in employee development, then please apply or call for an informal discussion
Woodgate & Clark operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Woodgate & Clark uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Woodgate & Clark would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check.