Commercial Claims Technician – Hybrid
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Claims Technician to support our Commercial Property Adjusting Team, based at our Head Office in Kings Hill, Kent. The role can be hybrid with 3 days in the office, 2 from home.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone looking for personal development who may aspire to becoming a Loss Adjuster in the future, or for an adjuster looking to become desk based. Our culture is to support our employees with the appropriate level of guidance and mentoring to fulfil their role to the required standards and drive their career progression.
You’ll need to be experienced in commercial claims handling and come from an insurance or Loss Adjusting background. Applications are welcome from experienced adjusters wishing to be desk based or from highly experienced candidates looking to develop their career further.
- Receive and review new claims against applicable policy and schedule.
- Keep fully up to date on Client requirements, technical or legal changes, which may have a bearing on a claim, including GDPR compliance.
- Update and maintain accurate reserves throughout claim life.
- Review technical reports, quotations/invoices and updates and provide instructions as required, within approved authority level, to policyholder/broker/supplier in accordance with client requirements.
- Refer to peers on all claims above authority levels and record referral action point on claim.
- Escalate cases to Insurers and Engineers, where potential or reserve is over DA limit, repudiations, policy voidance and complaints in accordance with company & client requirements.
- Ensure fees applied are accurate and in accordance with Client requirements.
- Review and maintain accurate data on Tracker throughout life of the claim.
- Develop working relationships with clients to support changes and modifications to Client requirements.
- Strive to achieve good end customer experience with excellent communication, guidance and signposting throughout the life of the claim. Ensure TCF principles are applied.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements at all times and highlight any contravention to the Risk & Compliance Manager.
- Uphold Woodgate & Clark Ltd Code of Business Conduct at all times.
You will have / be:
- Previous Commercial Claims Handling or Adjusting experience
- Ideally be CII/CILA qualified or willing to work towards this
- The ability to prioritise claims and your own workload
- Customer and Quality focused, providing exceptional service levels to both internal and external customers
- Team focused – working with colleagues throughout the business
- Target focused – making sure KPI’s and SLA’s are met
- The ability to work on own initiative and to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive attitude and a proactive approach to solving problems
- Able to co-ordinate a variety of actions concurrently
In return we offer
- A company people centric culture
- Competitive base salary dependent on level of experience & qualifications
- Company Contributory Pension
- Life assurance benefit – x4 annual basic salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and our purchase/buy back scheme
- Various discounts on lifestyle and entertainment via our ‘Perks at Work’ membership
- Exam study and support
If you have the necessary experience and would be interested in joining a progressive and expanding company who invest heavily in employee development, then please apply!
Woodgate & Clark operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, politic opinions or trade union membership.
Woodgate & Clark uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Woodgate & Clark would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory reference, identity checks and basic DBS check