Subsidence Technician – Specialist Services
In 2015 Woodgate & Clark became part of Van Ameyde Group, a European leader in international claims management, handling over 750,000 claims per annum through 46 fully owned businesses located in 28 countries. In January 2021 we acquired Quadra Claims Services: a national loss adjuster dealing with large and complex heritage, home and high net worth claims.
We provide a complete claims solution in commercial, domestic, marine and motor, drawing on our foundations of integrity, sound financial management, customer service excellence and innovation.
Looking ahead and combining our resources under the Woodgate & Clark brand, we are well-placed to achieve the most economic and sustainable outcome for our insurer partners and their customers.
We are looking for an experienced Subsidence Claims Technician to support our Subsidence Engineers within our dedicated Specialist Services team. The position can be home based, and you’ll also have the opportunity to attend site visits with our Engineers.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone looking for personal development who may aspire to becoming a surveyor or subsidence engineer in the future, or for an Adjuster looking to become desk based. Our culture is to support our employees with the appropriate level of guidance and mentoring to fulfil their role to the required standards and drive their career progression.
Who were looking for:
You’ll need to be experienced in subsidence or property claims handling and come from an insurance or Loss Adjusting background. Applications are welcome from desk-based adjusters, especially from experienced candidates looking to develop their career further.
What you’ll be doing:
- Receive and review new claims against applicable policy and schedule
- Keep fully up to date on Client requirements, technical or legal changes, which may have a bearing on a claim, including GDPR compliance.
- Update and maintain accurate reserves throughout claim life.
- Review technical reports, quotations/invoices and updates and provide instructions as required, within approved authority level, to policyholder/broker/supplier in accordance with client requirements.
- Refer to peers on all claims above authority levels and record referral action point on claim.
- Escalate cases to Insurers and Engineers, where potential or reserve is over DA limit, repudiations, policy voidance and complaints in accordance with company & client requirements.
- Ensure fees applied are accurate and in accordance with Client requirements.
- Review and maintain accurate data on Tracker throughout life of the claim.
- Develop working relationships with clients to support changes and modifications to Client requirements.
- Strive to achieve good end customer experience with excellent communication, guidance and signposting throughout the life of the claim. Ensure TCF principles are applied
- Always ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and highlight any contravention to the Risk & Compliance Manager
- Always uphold Woodgate & Clark Ltd Code of Business Conduct
- Previous Subsidence and/or property claims handling experience
- Ideally be CII qualified or willing to work towards this
- Degree in Surveying or Civil engineering preferred, but not essential
- The ability to prioritise claims and your own workload
- Customer and Quality focused, providing exceptional service levels to both internal and external customers
- Team focused – working with colleagues throughout the business
- Target focused – making sure KPI’s and SLA’s are met
- The ability to work on own initiative and to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive attitude and a proactive approach to solving problems
- Able to co-ordinate a variety of actions concurrently
- Full UK driving licence for site visit purposes
In return we offer
- A company people centric culture
- Competitive base salary dependent on level of experience & qualifications
- Company Contributory Pension
- Life assurance benefit – x4 annual basic salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and our purchase/buy back scheme
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, including 24/7 virtual GP access, Well-being support, Fitness Plans and Advice, Employee Savings – Advo Perks (part of our EAP) also offers access to 30,000+ national and local employee discounts (including e-codes) across 20 different categories ranging from electronics, home appliances, food & groceries, car buying, travel, fitness, and other lifestyle choices.
- Exam study and support
If you have the necessary experience and would be interested in joining a progressive and expanding company who invest heavily in employee development, then please apply.
Woodgate & Clark operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, politic opinions or trade union membership.
Woodgate & Clark uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Woodgate & Clark would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory reference, identity checks and basic DBS check